Thursday, July 24, 2008

A New Begining

Hi Friends,

As I write these first lines, I feel pained and grieved on the sudden demise of Maj Bhanu Pratap Singh. Although we never met after passing out but the bonding continues. The news ran a chill down my spine. I tried to remember his face and then searched the OTA Journal and finally located him.

As I read the various news reports, there are tears in my eyes and I feel so sad. I have lost a friend, a coursemate, taken away at such a young age. His son Rudra Pratap Singh might not get to understand this loss today but notwithstanding he will surely feel proud for the supreme sacrifice his father did. His better half, Sarika has her whole life ahead! "alone".........................

May God give them the courage to bear this tragedy!

May his soul Rest in Peace.

At this moment we all are proud that our coursemate made the supreme sacrifice to safeguard the motherland. We all are with the bereaved family and shall do whatever we can to support them.


And with these starting lines I start a blog dedicated to the Officers of SS74 and coin the term "Shorty Chauhattars".

with warm regards

Capt Rohit Saxena
GC No 21432
Naushera 8
SS74

No comments: